Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Setting a New Course?

I had no idea what I was going to write when I began this blog.  I've made little headway since then.  I'm still in a dense fog on Blog Sea and now I'm not sure which course to take.  Sure, I have a compass, but without knowing my current position, I'm not sure which bearing to set.

In my first blog post I wrote that I would not make this primarily a Christian blog, even though I am a Christian.  I'm also a Marine, a mathematician, a conservative, an amateur musician, a budding novelist, a husband, and a father.  I intended to write about a variety of topics and not pigeonhole myself into one genre.

However, after my conversion to Catholicism, I now feel a strong passion for telling others about Christianity and defending the faith.  Most of my family & friends are non-Catholics.  Many have an aversion to Catholicism based on misinformation (or, in some cases, lies).  I really want to make an attempt to clear up those misconceptions & falsehoods - for my family, friends, and others.

Make no mistake, there are plenty of topics and current events on which I would like to comment, but I know I cannot touch them all.   I'm leaning more & more to making this a man-blog with an emphasis in Catholic Christianity.

After I get out of this blog fog I may make a course correction.  I also may have to realize that I need to set a new course because of someone's needs on shore or on ship.

Maybe I'll just make a port-of-call and enjoy the scenery in some exotic location for a while and then get back to my original course.

Who knows?

Stay tuned.