Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day One: Orientation

I am a patriot.  I am concerned about some political decisions.  I may make political comments from time to time, but this is not a political blog.

I am conservative, but this is not a conservative blog.

I am a scholar.  By that I mean I am constantly learning and expanding my knowledge.  I have spent more than a decade teaching others on college campuses.  However, this is not a blog concerning education.

I am a Christian.  I have studied Christian theology and other religious beliefs, but this is not a Christian blog.  That is, don’t expect a daily sermon.

I have been told that I’m quite a comedian at times, but this is not a blog to make you giggle every morning before you go to work.

I have been told by individuals that I have motivated or inspired them to pursue great things, but this is not a blog to bring you inspiration and hope after a difficult day at work.

I am a man, but this is not a blog about men’s issues.

I am a Marine, but this is not a military blog.

So, what’s the nature of this blog? 

This blog will post entries that are a mix of political commentary, educational topics, and Christian apologetics.  My humor can be sarcastic at times.  I would not mind if I inspired someone to greatness, but I’d be satisfied just to make a person think more clearly.  So, in that case, I guess I hope to inspire someone to think rationally and logically.

Is this just another mindless rambling rant by someone with internet access?

Yes, most people would consider it so.  However, the main reason behind this blog is that I’m tired of posting some of my views repeatedly in the comments sections of other blogs and websites.  One day I thought, “I should just have my own blog and post a link to a particular blog entry of mine instead of typing the same comments over & over.”

Am I out to change the world?  NO.
Am I out to challenge the world?  YES.

I do not intend to banter or argue within the comments section of my blog (assuming there ever are any comments).  I might make a point of clarification, but not argue back & forth.  Supportive comments and constructive criticism will be appreciated.  Destructive criticism (i.e. just trying to tear me down and insult me) will be laughed at and then ignored.  Vulgar comments will be deleted.  If you cannot be civilized on this blog, your comments will be deleted.  Your freedom of speech does not give you the right to be nasty and hateful on my blog.  Red herrings and fallacies of distraction will be deleted.  Don’t like that?  Fine, start your own blog then.


Coming Next:  The meaning of “Not All Thought Is Valid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments PG-rated and constructive. Internet trolls will be prayed for, but their comments will be deleted.