Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

A Father's Touch Continues

It's Monday, I'm physically & emotionally drained. I don't think I can make it through the day... but then I look down and see one puppy in my lap and another puppy at my feet. They look up at me as if I'm their hero. I pet them. Their tails wag. Suddenly I think today is going to be all right.

Father's Day was very emotional for me.  Even though I was able to speak with my father on the telephone, I was not able to speak with my father-in-law.  I did keep my father-in-law in my thoughts throughout the day.  I realize once again how much he has blessed my life.

My father-in-law influenced and guided my wife's life long before I met her.  He helped her become the loving, caring, brave, trusting person that she is today.  During the first week my wife & I dated, I noticed something special about her.

She has a sweet quietness about her.  I appreciate that.  I do not care to be around people who talk loud & fast.  Hannah was (and is) so pleasant to be with.  Her thoughts & feelings about God, politics, family, and social issues bring no conflict with - yet stimulate - my own thoughts & feelings about many things.  She has brought new life to me.  She has turned my stone-cold heart into a loving and open heart.  Hannah has given me a reason to live to my full potential.  For decades I thought I was unlovable.  Hannah changed all that.... thanks to her dad.