Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Poison Ivy

This is not some catchy title for a blog.  I have poison ivy from my wrists to my elbows on both arms.  The itching is driving me crazy.  I'm taking antihistamines, which make me sleepy, and using Ivarest lotion to hopefully dry up the poison.

I'm not sure if I got the poison from weed whacking some overgrown weeds or if it's from the dogs' paws jumping on my arms after they've had a romp in the woods.

I haven't a good night's sleep in about a week.  I feel really drained right now.

Last night the dogs woke up barking something fierce.  As I woke, my wife said in a panic, "Get up! Get up!"   I grabbed my trusty companion with the tritium night sights, released the hounds, and patrolled the yard.   All was clear.  One of the dogs ran up the hill into the woods.  I think it was just chasing a stray cat that comes around at night to bother our cats.  The way the cats were behaving, I'm sure that's what it was.

A good night's sleep and relief from the itching would be very welcomed.